There is a new idol – the idol of safety.
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12 NIV
“Lord, if itʼs you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. Matthew 14:28-29 NIV
- How do you respond to a challenge?
- The world’s safety vs the churches
- What foundation have you built your life on? Matthew 7:24-27
- The story of John and Herod
- What are you willing to risk?
- Jesus’s compassion Matthew 14:3-14
- Where is the Roman empire today? Look at everything happening in the world today – what foundation are you building your life on?
- The kingdom of heaven is not like the kingdom on earth.